Our volunteer days at Gorse Hill Nature Reserve are every Wednesday and Saturday. We open at 9.30a.m and generally end the day at 4.00p.m. You are welcome to spend the whole day or just give what time you can.
Bring a packed lunch, tea and coffee are provided. You will need suitable outdoor clothing and footwear; the ground can be uneven and boggy in places.
The sorts of activities you could be involved in are:
- woodland management
- planting trees and shrubs
- heathland creation and management
- pond creation and maintenance
- production and planting out of wildflowers
- creation of wildlife habitats
- maintenance of various types of machinery
- various surveys such as bird nest boxes, wildflowers, butterflies, moths and small mammals
It does not matter if you have never done these things before, there will be someone to help and show you how.
There is something for everyone; from getting wet
to enjoying the sunshine
to wrapping up and keeping warm
and, of course, taking a well-earned break
People of all ages are welcome, but children must be accompanied by a parent or suitable adult.
For more details please contact:
Jonathan Atkins email@example.com mobile: 07761 212636
or just call in for a chat and have a look round.